Media Analyze -Topic should be made by writer. Media Analyze -Topic should be made by writer.
Instruction for Assignment
Objectives for assignment:
1 To identify a current (last 12 months) media example that describes a situation in which addictions/addictive processes played a central role in the story.
2 To consider from an analytical stance, the role that media plays in the advancement of stereotypes and mythology of addiction.
Part One – Selecting and Reviewing Media Example
Decide on which media sample you will use. The media sample you choose can be of any length – although it is helpful to choose an article that is longer, so that you have more material to work with. It may be an article from a local newspaper or established news magazine, or a general news story from an online news source. This must be Canadian in content and preferably, although not necessarily, local to your area. It cannot be taken from an un-monitored online discussion forum or a source that is not open to the general public. Please stay with established news sources.
In the media analysis, you are being asked to analyze a media example by examining the perspective underlying the media sample paying particular attention to how this perspective influences how addictions/addictive processes are portrayed to readers/watchers/listeners.
Your analysis should be no longer than 1000 words and include:
1) a summary of the media sample and the full citation;
2) your own critical analysis of the content (this could be based on any theory or practice models/frameworks and include an exploration of any assumptions, bias, etc.);
3) a reflection on the implications for social work concerning the article’s message,possible impact on societal views and capacity to either reinforcing or shifting these views.
Readings from the course, That can be useful for this assignment:
- Meyers, M. (2004) “Crack Mothers in the News: A Narrative of Paternalistic Racism” Journal of Communication Inquiry, 2004 28: 194. (Uploaded in file)
- Csiernik, R. & Rowe, W. S. (2010). Chapter 19. Understanding the Ultimate Oppression: Alcohol and Drug Addiction in Native Land. (Textbook)
Your ability to integrate the course material (eg: readings, website review, course unit notes) into the media analysis you conduct on your chosen article and to support your statements in your own postings with direct reference to this material. 5 marks
Your ability to prepare a comprehensive, well supported, well written reflective analysis of your chosen media article. 10 marks
Total /15 marks
I will be reviewing each of your media analysis to ensure that you have identified an appropriate media story (please include a link to the article so that I may review it) and conducted the analysis according to the assignment directions.
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,