Management Information Systems: Information system in business today.. Management Information Systems: Information system in business today.. MIS Exam
Topic 1: Information system in business today.
- How are information systems transforming business, and why are they so essential for running and managing a business today?
- What is an information system, how does it work? What are it’s management, organization and technology components? Why are complimentary assets essential for ensuring that information systems provide genuine value for organization?
- What academic disciplines are used to study information systems and how does each contribute to an understanding of information system?
Topic 2: Global E-business and collaboration.
- What are business processes, how are they related to information systems?
- How do systems serve the different management groups in a business and how do systems that link the enterprise improve the organizational performance?
- Why are systems for collaboration and social business so important and what technologies do they use?
- What is the role of the information systems function in a business?
Topic 3: Information systems, organizations, and strategy.
- Which features of organizations do managers need to know about to build and use information system successfully?
- What is the impact of information systems on organizations?
- How to porter’s competitive force model, the value chain model, synergies, core competencies, and network economics help companies develop competitive strategies using information systems?
- What are the challenges posed by strategic information systems and how should they be addressed?
Topic 4: Ethical and social issues in information systems.
- What ethical, social, and political issues are raised by information systems?
- What specific principles for conduct can be used to guide ethical decision?
- Why do contemporary information systems technology and the internet pose challenges to the protection of individual privacy and intellectual property?
- How have information systems affected laws for establishing accountability, liability, and the quality of everyday life?
Topic 5: IT infrastructure and emerging technologies.
- What is IT infrastructure and what are the stages and drivers of IT infrastructure evolution?
- What are the components of IT infrastructure?
- What are the current trends in computer hardware platform?
- What are the current trends in computer software platforms?
- What are the challenges of managing IT infrastructure and management solution?
Topic 6: Foundation of business intelligence: Database and information management.
What are the problems of managing data resources in a traditional file environment?
- What are the major capabilities of database management systems (DBMS) and why is a relational DBMS so powerful?
- What are the principal tools and technologies for accessing information from database to improve business performance and decision making
- Why are information policy, data administration, and data quality assurance essential for managing the firm’s data resources?
Topic 7: Telecommunications, the internet and wireless technology.
- What are the principal components of telecommunications networks and key networking technologies?
- What are the different types of networks?
- How do the internet and internet technology work and how do they support communication and e-business?
- What are the principal technologies and standards for wireless networking, communications, and internet access?
Topic 8: Achieving operational excellence and customer intimacy: Enterprise applications.
- How do enterprise system help business achieve operational excellence?
- How do supply chain management systems coordinate planning, production, and logistics with suppliers?
- How do customer relationship management systems help firms achieve customer intimacy?
- What are the challenges posed by enterprise applications and how are enterprise applications taking advantage of new technologies?
Topic 9: Enhancing decision-making.
- What are the different types of decision and how does the decision-making process work? How do information systems support the activities of managers and management decision-making?
- How do business intelligence and business analytics support decision-making?
- How do different decision-making constituencies in organization use business intelligence? What is the role of information systems in helping people working in a group make decisions ore efficient?
Topic 10: Building information system.
- How does building new systems produce organizational change?
- What are the core activities in the systems development process?
- What are the principal methodologies for modeling and designing systems?
- What are alternative methods for building information systems?
- What are new approaches for system building in the digital firm era?
Topic 11: Managing knowledge.
- What is the role of knowledge management and knowledge management programs in business?
- What types of systems are used for enterprise-wide knowledge management and how do they provide value for business?
- What are the major types of knowledge work systems and how do they provide value for firms?
- What are the business benefits of using intelligent techniques for knowledge management?
Topic 12: Managing projects.
- What are the objectives of project management and why is it so essential in developing information systems?
- What methods can be used for selecting and evaluating information systems projects and aligning them with the firm’s business goals?
- How can firms assess the business value of information systems?
- What are the principal risk factors in information systems projects, and how can they be managed?
For help in writing a paper about the above or related topic, Place your order with us at affordable rates!
When you place an order with us, you are assured of;
• 100% Privacy and Confidentiality
• 100% Free from Plagiarism
• Masters & Ph.D. Level writers
• Money Back Guarantee
• Affordable Rates
• Unlimited Revisions at no extra charges
• Guaranteed Quality