financial system. financial system. If you were serving on the FOMC committee, how would you vote on Nov 1‐‐2 meeting?
Reading: Please go to the Fed’s website:
and locate the latest released minutes (released on October 12, 2016) of the FOMC Sep
Please read the minutes and the script, and answer the following questions with your
1. Please read the minutes of the Sep 20‐21 meeting. What did the committee
members comment on current economy: a. price stability (i.e., inflation level); b.
unemployment rate; c. economic growth rate, personal consumption expenditures,
housing market, international trade deficit, etc.? Please be specific.
2. What is the members’ review on financial situation: a. key interest rates such as
federal funds rate, Treasury bond yield, and foreign exchange rates? b. financial
condition for nonfinancial firms and households? Please be specific.
3. What actions does the Fed plan to take till their next meeting? For example, what
open market operations will the Fed use? Will the Fed change the target federal
funds rate? Please be specific.
4. What is the committee members’ current assessment of any risk or uncertainty that
our economy or the financial system is facing? Read staff economy outlook section
and participants’ views section to report the potential risk, if any, that our economy
may face in the near future.
5. Please incorporate your own assessment and the FOMC’s assessment on current
economy and financial situation and what you have learned in our in‐class discussion
to answer the following questions: what kind of committee policy action should the
FOMC take in their next meeting. If the FOMC were to continue the current action,
would you vote YES or NO? For example, should the Fed raise interest rate? Please
explain your vote and reason in detail.
1. Format: Please attach your assignment as a word file and submit it as a Turnitin
assignment in Blackboard.
2. Please also rename your assignment to Firstname_Lastname_FINA460_HW4.doc.
For example: Emily_Huang_FINA460_HW4.doc
3. You may discuss this assignment with your classmates. However, please do not
share or copy others’ homework.
4. Please DON’T simply copy and paste from the FOMC minutes.
5. Plagiarism – Do not use published and/or unpublished material without
acknowledging the source.
6. Please paraphrase if you use information from another source.
7. Cheating or plagiarism will earn you 0 points on this assignment and may expose you
to additional penalty.
8. Bonus points: If you conduct thorough investigation of the topic and provide solid
analysis in your report, you may earn bonus points up to 50 points!
For the best custom essay writing experience and great discounts on the above or a similar topic,
Why not try us and enjoy great benefits? We guarantee you nothing short of:
Essays written from scratch – 100% original,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on your privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work.