Final Paper of the class of Homeland Security. Final Paper of the class of Homeland Security.
After submission of the outline, the Final paper is due by the last day (Sunday) of the stated week. The length should be between 10 and 15 pages (not including title page, abstract and references). Use APA style, New Times Roman 12 font with 1” margins. The topic must be related to the material and be pre-approved by the professor by the stated week. You should have at least 10 references, 6 from peer-reviewed journals; try to keep within last 5 years.
- Choose a policy issue or question related to HS/HD as the topic of the research paper. The issue or question must be one that is integral and salient to the HS/HD community, and preferably one that is personally relevant to you and the position in which you serve.
- The research paper should reflect high quality research and reasoning in addressing each of the following components of the paper:
- The situational, organizational, and environmental context of the issue or question.
- The challenge(s) and/or problem(s) inherently associated with the issue or question.
- Your examination, evaluation, and analysis of the issue or question.
- Leadership or management decisions and actions necessary by policymakers, government leaders, and/or military commanders to deal with the issue or question.
- For approval, we will need a statement of the issue or question, brief description of the significance and importance of the issue or question, and explanation of why you selected this issue or question.
- The research paper should balance comprehensiveness and conciseness.
- The program has chosen to use the APA style of writing. Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, 6th Edition (2001).
There are several software programs you can purchase that will assist you in formatting your work. Additional resources are found of the University Learning & Advising Center’s Website, http://www….., which offers a link to the APA website as well as other valuable information and advice. The link can be found under the “Documentation of Resources” button.
- Papers must be submitted by the stated week, to be considered for full grade.
- A 20% penalty applies for papers submitted within one week after the deadline. Failure to submit a paper will result in an “F” for the semester.
- Grammar is important. Professionals are expected to be able to communicate well with other professionals.