an analysis of the Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE) Website. an analysis of the Association for Middle Level Education (AMLE) Website. Analysis of AMLE – Website
My analysis should include the following components:
a. Write a summary of and your reaction to the “This We Believe” summary chart (see page 14 in your This We Believe text). In your reaction, comment on why you think this association has taken the position it has with regard to at least three of the main beliefs which are: 1) Developmentally responsive – using the distinctive nature of young adolescents as the foundation upon which all decisions about school organization, policies, curriculum, instruction, and assessment are made. 2) Empowering – providing all students with the knowledge and skills they need to take responsibility for their lives, to address life’s challenges, to function successfully at all levels of society, and to be creators of knowledge. 3) Equitable – advocating for and ensuring every strdent’s right to learn and providing appropriately challenging and relevant learning opportunities for every student. AMLE believes that these attributes of successful middle level education can be realized and achieved best through the 16 characteristics displayed in the chart, of which I provide for you below. For the summary of the chart, here is a description of this chart below to get a better understanding of it so you can write the summary on it. The summary of the chart and my reaction to it needs to be 2 pages please. Font and spacing is at end of email.
The summary chart has 16 characteristics detailed individually in subsequent sections and are grouped in 3 categories: Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment; Leadership and Organization; Culture and Community. This is the website to help for summary: https://www.amle.org/AboutAMLE/ThisWeBelieve/tabid/121/Default.aspx#122516-the-16-characteristicst.
Chart – 16 Characteristics: Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment
1. Educators value young adolescents and are prepared to teach them. Value Young Adolescents
2. Students and teachers are engaged in active, purposeful learning. Active Learning
3. Curriculum is challenging, exploratory, integrative, and relevant. Challenging Curriculum
4. Educators use multiple learning and teaching approaches. Multiple Learning Approaches
5. Varied and ongoing assessments advance learning as well as measure it. Varied Assessments
Leadership and Organization
6. A shared vision developed by all stakeholders guides every decision. Shared Vision
7. Leaders are committed to and knowledgeable about this age group, educational research, and best practices. Committed Leaders
8. Leaders demonstrate courage and collaboration. Courageous and Collaborative Leaders
9. Ongoing professional development reflects best educational practices. Professional Development
10. Organizational structures foster purposeful learning and meaningful relationships. Organizational Structures
Culture and Community
11. The school environment is inviting, safe, inclusive, and supportive of all. School Environment
12. Every student’s academic and personal development is guided by an adult advocate. Adult Advocate
13. Comprehensive guidance and support services meet the needs of young adolescents. Guidance Services
14. Health and wellness are supported in curricula, school-wide programs, and related policies. Health and Wellness
15. The school actively involves families in the education of their children. Family Involvement
16. The school includes community and business partners. Community and Business
For assignment b, Please write 2 pages per link, so a total of 6 pages.
b. Go to the AMLE website (I have provided the links for you) Click on at least three links. Make sure one link includes an article. For each link:
i. Summarize: Write a summary of what you discovered
ii. Analyze: Write an analysis: for example, in your opinion, do you agree or disagree with what you are reading…WHY or WHY not? What do you know about teaching and learning that may confirm or challenge what you are reading? What-if any-bias do you see (give specific examples)?
iii. Apply: Answer the following questions: How does what you are reading impact you as a future teacher and your future students?
c. Turn in your assignment with use of 12 point font, double space and standard 1 inch margins. You will be evaluated on the thoroughness of your summary and the depth with which you analyze and evaluate the website. This is your final class before student teaching; therefore, the instructor is expecting thoroughly developed ideas and college level writing.