The Forced or Fearful Person Induced to Enter Marriage (canon 1103).. The Forced or Fearful Person Induced to Enter Marriage (canon 1103).. Thesis out line
Title The Forced or Fearful Person Induced to Enter Marriage (canon 1103).
1. THE PROBLEM: Explore the doctrine behind canon 1103 on force and fear, and how these elements may invalidate the marriage of the forced or fearful person; Unjust (Jorgensen, 206 d, especially paragraph two, “local customs”); the difficulty (Jorgensen, p. 206 b); existence (Jorgensen, p. 202 D1, D2, D3).
2. DEFINITIONS: Force, common fear, reverential fear, causative, et alia (Wrenn, p. 163-166).
3. THE HISTORY OF THE QUESTION: Vatican II (Jorgensen, 200 A and 204 #3); Natural Law (Jorgensen, p.205 a); Types of Proofs (Jorgensen, 203); Proofs (Jorgensen, 207, #5).
4. THE LITERATURE: Papal, Conciliar (Jorgensen, p.200); Rota (Jorgensen, p. 201).
5. THE IMPORTANCE OF THE ISSUE: Doctrine and Jurisprudence (Jorgensen, 202 C1 and C2).
6. THE METHOD OF THE THESIS: Legal Method for history and application of the canon (cf. similar treatment by Beal, Wrenn, Jorgensen, et alia; cf. Jorgensen, p. 204 B).
7. AVERSION OF THE SUBJECT PRIOR TO MARRIAGE: (cf. Jorgensen, p. 204 #1; p. 207 d); (Wrenn, p.165: “Where there are …aversion, fear is presumed…fear must be proved”); necessity (Wrenn, p. 165, e: “But unless there is some sign of this minimal type of aversion, the marriage must be considered valid.”)
8. AVERSION AT THE MARRIAGE CEREMONY AND HONEYMOON: (Idem.; Jorgensen, 207-208 list).
9. AVERSION OF THE SUBJECT AFTER THE MARRIAGE: Idem.
10. POSSIBILITY OF THE SUBJECT TO ESCAPE MARRIAGE: (Jorgensen, p. 296 3e).
11. PRESUMPTION OF MERE MINOR FEAR: (Wrenn, p. 166, 3: “per se considered only slight coercion”).
12. PROOF OF THE SUBJECT’S GRAVE FEAR: (Jorgensen, p. 204 and 206 a)
13. GRAVE FEAR MUST CAUSE MARRIAGE “ex metu, not cum metu”): (Jorgensen, 204 #3 and 204 b); (Wrenn, p. 164-165).
14. WINTESS CONFIRMATION OF SUBJECT’S TESTIMONY: Evidence (Jorgensen, p. 206 c).
15. POSSIBLE TESTIMONY OF THE GRAVE FEAR PERPETRATOR: Location (Jorgensen, p. 203 D1).
16. ADDED GROUNDS, ESPECIALLY IF FEAR IS NOT PROVED
17. LACK OF DUE DISCRETION DEPENDING ON YOUTH OF SUBJECT (Jorgensen, 205 b).
18. EXCLUSION OF CHILDREN
19. TOTAL SIMULATION: Exclusion of the Finis Operis (Wrenn, 121 D; 125: “aversion”).
20. WHAT CANONS ARE ALLIED TO CANON 1103? (Jorgensen, p. 199 A). HOW?
21. WHAT ARE RELATED ISSUES TO CANON 1103? (Jorgensen, p. 208, five issues).
22. LIST OF SINGAPORE AFFIRMATIVE JUDGEMENTS: Number Common Fear, Number Reverential Fear, Comment on Cause of Grave Fear. (Singapore Tribunal Archives)
23. LIST OF SINGAPORE NEGATIVE JUDGEMENTS: Number of Common Fear, Number of Reverential Fear, Comment on Reason for Negative Decision. (Singapore Tribunal Archives)
24. PERSONAL DISCOVERIES DURING RESEARCH:
1. Doctrine on Canon 1103 has developed: unjust cause.
2. Doctrine on Canon 1103 had developed: natural law.
3. Existence of fear is not easy to prove (Jorgensen, p. 202, D1, D2, D3)
4. Jurisprudence of the Rota has helped methods of proof for c. 1103.
5. If fear is doubtful, other grounds may well be added.
6. Fear is usually not grave, and needs to be proved grave for c. 1103.
7. Aversion is key to proof of c. 1103, but fear itself must be proved.
8. Reverential fear could be present in families of South East Asia.
9. My research is recent, while Jorgensen 2004 cites old literature of 1996 (Jorgensen, 204 B),
25. WORK STILL TO BE DONE:
Do the Latin Code doctrines also apply to the Oriental Code c. 825?
Do the Latin Code proofs equally apply to the Oriental Code c. 825?
To what extent does civil government rules cause force and fear? (Jorgensen, 202 B3).
The thesis examines the forced or fearful person in an invalid marriage (c.1103).
The doctrinal examination was exact and comprehensive.
The thesis shows how the examination aids jurisprudence.
Therefore, the thesis successfully treats the forced or fearful subject of invalid marriage.
- Among other benefits, we guarantee:
Essays written from scratch – 100% original,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on customer’s privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work.
Providing Quality University Papers , written from scratch,
delivered on time, at affordable rates!