Business Tax. Business Tax. Extra Credit Assignment
Find 3-4 sources on a tax topic of your choice.
- Potential topics include (but are not limited to) topics listed on the next page. Ideally, you would choose a topic that is controversial and/or subject to a change in federal law (or a proposed change) that will impact income taxes in some way, such as filing requirements, definitions and inclusions/exclusions of gross income, allowable deductions, credits, etc.
- Sources can be news articles, recent court cases, academic journal articles, or legal periodicals. All sources should address the same topic but should not be overlapping in content. In other words, each source must provide different viewpoints and/or information. All sources must be current (i.e. within 2015).
Write a 1-2 page summary of your finding and analyze how this change or proposed change will likely impact taxpayers. At the end, provide a 1-2 paragraph analysis on your thoughts regarding the change or proposed change.
All memos must be original work and will be turned in via Turnitin.com. Make sure all summaries and opinions are in your own words. Do not copy and paste portions of the original article. If you must quote, you should do so sparingly and provide proper citation. You must also provide a reference page with your 3-4 sources clearly marked and include web addresses where applicable. Although this is an extra credit assignment, all academic integrity policies apply.
You may earn up to a total of 10 points (2% toward your final grade). The assignment will be graded on clarity of writing, analysis, and original thought. All work must be done independently.
In order to be eligible for extra credit, the assignment must be submitted through Turnitin.com (link available on Titanium) no later than 11:55 pm on Friday, December 4, 2015. You are welcome to submit any time prior to the deadline. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Potential Topics: (not an exclusive list)
- Accounting / Tax Ethics
- Foreign Earnings
- Dividend Repatriations
- Corporate Inversions
- Tax Base Erosion
- International Tax Planning
- Gross Income
- Income from Sale of Gift Cards
- Income Shifting and the “Kiddie Tax”
- Taxation of Digital Goods and Services (i.e. in-app purchases)
- Executive Compensation
- Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation
- Illegal Drug Businesses
- Research and Development
- Other Credits?
- Capital Assets
- Small Business Stock
- Classification of Assets
- Repair vs. Capital Expenditure
- Section 179 Limits
- Section 168(k) Bonus Depreciation
- Depreciation Recapture
- Charitable Contributions / Limits
- Dividend Received Deduction
- Partnerships & S Corporations
- When is an LLC a partnership? When is it a corporation?
- Flow-through gains and losses; Adjustments to basis
- Same Sex Couple and Federal Income Taxes
- Employee Classification
- Tax Shelter Activityp(2)
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,