Show What You Know- Property Law. Show What You Know- Property Law. INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
To successfully complete the assignment, read the assigned materials and submit your answers. Please review the rubric for grading criteria and see the model answer below for an example of a full credit answer.
PART I: REVIEW
Use the textbook to answer all questions. Answers must be complete, logical, thoughtful, supported by examples, and well written.
1. Define the terms: real property, intellectual property, personal property. Give a specific example of each.(Answering question 1 will help you achieve unit learning goal 1).
2. List the four major forms of intellectual property protection and explain the differences between them. Give at least one example of each type. (Answering question 2 will help you realize unit learning goal 1).
3. How is property law relevant to business? If a business is thinking about acquiring property, what are the important considerations? (Answering question 3 will help you realize unit learning goal 3.)
PART II: CRITICAL THINKING
Complete the exercise and questions below. Answers must be complete, logical, thoughtful, supported by examples, and well written. Answering this question will help you achieve unit learning goal 4.
First, read the chapter. Second, listen to the reports “Tesla’s move to open source may be good for business (連結到外部網站。)” and “Apple v. Samsung (連結到外部網站。)”. Finally, answer the questions:
1. What patents did Apple hold? Would you have granted Apple’s patent? Why?
2. Did Samsung violate Apple’s patents? How? What is the punishment?
3. What patents did Tesla hold?
4. How does Tesla’s approach to intellectual property differ from Apple’s?
5. Make an argument in favor of patent protection.
6. Make the counter argument in favor of the so called “open source” approach.
Show What You Know- Property Law