The Politics of Deception : JFK's Secret Decisions on Vietnam, Civil Rights, and Cuba. The Politics of Deception : JFK's Secret Decisions on Vietnam, Civil Rights, and Cuba. Analytical Book Review (Assess the authors’ interpretation and arguments balanced against your interpretation and analysis– not opinion or criticism
– a single, strongly stated and concisely constructed paragraph
– the name of the authors and the book title and the main theme. (in subsequent references, only use the authors’ last names and abbreviated title of the book)
– unnecessary to mention the authors career history and/or current position
– the scope and historical context of
– the thesis of the book
Summary of context
-this should be a brief, as analysis takes priority. in the course of making your assessment, you will support you assertions with specific evidence from the book
Analysis and Evaluation of the book
– analysis is not criticism
-avoid commentary regarding style or other subjective/aesthetic judgement. Focus on interpretation, argument, method, sources, etc.
-Assessing the successes and failures of a book need not, and perhaps should note, serve as the central purpose of an analytical review. Avoid the simple dichotomy of success or failure
– Use specific examples from the book
– You should organize your analysis and evaluation into paragraphs that deal with single aspects of your argument. This arrangement will help you differentiate elements of your analysis and pair assertions with evidence more clearly.
– You need to follow the book chapter by chapter. Given the argument you want to make, you should organize your paragraphs by themes methods, or other elements of the book.
-avoid references of other materials
– avoid excessive quotation and give specific page reference in parentheses when you do quote.
– do not confuse your voice with the authors
-Sum up your this or make a final judgement regarding the book. You should not introduce new evidence for your argument in the conclusion. You can however, introduce new ideas that go beyond the book if they extend the logic of your own thesis.
5-6 Pages, double-spaced format, using 12 pt Times New Roman Font
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,