ANALYSIS OF ARTICLES FOR DISSERTATION. ANALYSIS OF ARTICLES FOR DISSERTATION. For this task, you will augment contents of the toolkit listed below with at least three questions and strategies from your readings, and use it to critically read and evaluate the following research articles
Allday, R. A., Hinkson-Lee, K., Hudson, T., Neilsen-Gatti, S., Kleinke, A., & Russel, C. S. (2012). Training general educators to increase behavior-specific praise: Effects on students with EBD. Behavioral Disorders, 37(2), 87–98.
Sadruddin, M. (2012). Discipline – improving classroom management through action research: A professional development plan. Journal of Managerial Science, 6(1), 23–24
You will conduct a critical analysis where you discuss the quality of two articles that contribute to theory in your topic area. Note a critical analysis should also include contradictions and uncertainties – if these were not included in the article it should be noted. Choose short articles (fewer than 10 pages) if possible. Submit your analysis of both articles in a single brief paper. Include links to the articles in your references.
Use the contents of the toolkit below as a guide, adding at least three of your own questions to use in interrogating research articles.
The contents of the toolkit you will use and augment are listed below:
1. What is the problem the study addresses, specifically as it relates to my topic?
2. What is the purpose of the research, how will it influence my topic?
3. Do the research questions serve the purpose of the study and address the problem? Does the design answer the questions? Do the data actually support the conclusions? Have I looked at the data reports myself? Do the answers influence my topic in any way, how?
4. What are the main conclusions of the paper, specifically as they relate to my topic? Why are the conclusions important, specifically as they relate to my topic?
5. Does the paper follow Trochim and Donnelly’s (2008) definition of validity “the best possible approximation of the truth of a given proposition, inference, or conclusion” (p. 14)?
6. Draw a mental picture of the theoretical and observational levels of the study. Is the study helpful to me at the theoretical/conceptual level? After mentally drawing a picture, are there any possible confounds and sources of error? Specifically, are there any that I need to consider in my research?
7. Is the paper objective?
8. How was rigor assured? Were credibility, dependability, transferability, and goodness discussed?
9. What are recommendations made to suggest how the research findings can be developed? Does it specifically relate to my research?
10. What was the quality of the methods used?
11. Did the article include opposing arguments and a provide rationale for the findings in light of the arguments?
12. Were alternate and opposing perspectives presented?
13. Are common and diverging themes evident?
14. What overarching concepts in the field of education are addressed?
15. Your additional question
16. Your additional question
17. Your additional question
You should use headings to help you organize your analysis and to ensure you include the questions from the toolki
References: 3 of the assigned references, plus any additional outside resources.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts presented in the course by providing new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,