ANALYSIS OF A SET OF UK FINANCIAL REPORT AND ACCOUNTS. ANALYSIS OF A SET OF UK FINANCIAL REPORT AND ACCOUNTS.
COURSEWORK – INTERMEDIATE LEVEL AUTUMN SEMESTER 2014/15
Module code: BA5002
Module title: Business Research and Decision-Making
Module leader: Maurice Pratt
Hand-in Week: Week 15
Submission date: Friday 23 January 2015 3 PM NOTE ! ! ! ! ! !
Assessment offences: All work submitted must be the student’s own individual work. Plagiarism from printed sources without full references or copying from an unattributed source is an assessment offence.
ASSESSMENT : This piece of coursework contributes 30% to your overall module mark. The In-Class Test contributes 20% and the Exam contributes 50% to your overall module mark.
You need to achieve an overall mark of at least 40% to pass the module and a mark of at least 35% in each component of assessment.
Assessment criteria: See ‘Assessment Criteria’ on page 4 of this Coursework.
Note: All main workings, if necessary, should be shown and, where appropriate and can be shown as notes/workings in Appendices.
© London Metropolitan University
Coursework Assignment Brief
|Module Title:||BUSINESS RESEARCH AND DECISION MAKING|
|COURSEWORK TYPE||ANALYSIS OF A SET OF UK FINANCIAL REPORT AND ACCOUNTS|
|Level:||Level 2 –YR 2|
|OVERALL MARKS AWARDED FOR MODULE||
|SEMINAR/WORKSHOP TUTOR||PLEASE WRITE YOUR SEMINAR TUTOR’S NAME ON THE TOP COVER SHEET –|
|Format:||You are required to submit a report detailing your calculations and your analysis and interpretation as advised – CHOOSE THE UK RETAIL COMPANIES – NO FINANCIAL OR ANY OTHER ORGANISATIONS – MAKE SURE YOUR COMPANY IS APPROVED BY YOUR TUTOR.|
|Any special requirements:||All work must be typed properly, using words/excel where relevant.|
|Word Limit:||Between 1800 to 2000 words – excluding charts, bibliography, references etc.|
|Deadline date for submission:||WEEK 15 – YOU WILL BE REMINDED VIA A WEBLEARN ANNOUNCEMENT|
|Learning outcomes to be examined in this assessment:||Analyse a set of financial statements including Income Statement, Statement of Financial Position and a Statement Cash Flows where possible at a BASIC LEVEL|
(Suggested guidelines –under FOUR MAIN HEADINGS)
Explanatory comments on the assessment criteria
|Maximum marks for each section
|Calculations/ formulae/interpretations||Demonstration of calculations/interpretations||50%|
|Format, referencing, bibliography, use of tables/charts||Structured analytical report with supporting referencing where required||20%|
|Performance Analysis||Relevance, Clear demonstration of understanding and applied in context||15 %|
|Introduction, recommendation and conclusion||Demonstration of clear understanding of the issues.||15 %|
|Assessment Task||You are required to select two companies listed below and obtain its financial statements for last 3 years.
Calculate the following Ratios for each of the 3 years, using formulae provided in the class. The formulae for these ratios may vary – BUT you need to be CONSISTENT in your approach.
§ All calculations and formulae used must be identified
Analyse the financial performance of the two companies based on your calculations, identifying and discussing weaknesses of ratios analysis.
Your analysis must contain an introduction, a recommendation on how in these areas the firm might be improved in the future, and a conclusion detailing the results of your analysis.
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,