I’m studying for my Sociology class and need an explanation.
Racial Identity Autobiography Development Essay
In preparation, reflect on the following questions and include your responses in your racial identity paper:
- What is your racial identity? –Asian
- What do you love about that racial identity?
- What are struggles you have about your racial identity?
- Have you experienced racial bias or been the target of discrimination or prejudice?
- How do you work to eradicate racial bigotry?
- If you identify as a Person of Color, please use the following to guide your essay development:
I AM Poem:
- Everyone must include an “I am Poem” as part of the racial identity artistic contribution or collage.
- Poem guidelines/instructions are found here: “I AM” Poem Instructions (Links to an external site.)
Racial Identity Collage:
- A creative reflection piece can take the form of a short-story, drawings, spoken words, song/lyrics, collages, or any other forms of expression.
- If you are interested in creating a collage, here are some examples: