I don’t understand this Powerpoint question and need help to study.
You will develop a PowerPoint proposal presentation for your plan for fulfilling a business need that would help the organization achieve its goals. Please note, you will use the same proposed business information system each week in presentations assignments and in your final paper in Week Five. The topic would be of your choice, however, some examples of topics are listed below (these are only examples, you should select a topic that you are personally interested in and have some knowledge of):
- An employee expenditure tracking system (tracking of trips, travel expenses, food costs, etc.)
- A health club membership system (for tracking members’ charges, visits, rental of equipment, etc.)
- An event planning system (conferences, seminars, parties) planning and follow up system (planning, announcing, follow up and reporting)
- A college admission system (registering applicants, charging fees, entering applicant data, generating reports and reminder letters)
- A Student Forum management system (allowing student membership, creating discussion topics and threads on courses, topics, etc.)
Your analysis content will be as specified in the chart below. Include citations to support your points throughout the presentation.
The format of your PowerPoint presentation should be:
Slide 1: Title of PowerPoint, Course, Instructor, Date Submitted, Student Name
Slides 2-4: Describe a business organization for which you are proposing design of an information system. Perform a brief research on similar existing systems and provide their background information. Some areas to investigate and report in the research include availability of off-the-shelf software, required technology platforms, cost issues, type of technology used in existing systems, etc.
Slides 5-7: Describe the business requirements of the proposed system. How would you elicit requirements of the system from the business information system stakeholders? Briefly discuss the functional requirements of the system. Describe the alternative system development methodologies (SDLC, prototyping, JAD, RAD, etc.) in the context of the proposed system and what would be the best approach for development.
Slides 8-9: Management would have several other projects to consider when authorizing approval of the proposed system. Since most organizations have limited resources, you would have to make a pitch for the proposed system. Discuss why your proposal is the one that should be funded, how the system would help the organization meets its business and strategic goals, and identify other benefits the system would provide for the stakeholders.
Slide 10: Reference List
The Proposal of Business Information System PowerPoint
- Must have a minimum of 8 slides inclusive of speaker notes on each slide (not including title and references page slide) and formatted according to APA style
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Power Point
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text