I don’t know how to handle this Statistics question and need guidance.
Objective: The purpose of this project is to provide an experience in defining and testing a hypothesis and apply them in data analysis studies. The project report should address the statistical concepts covered in the course and emphasize the use and applicability of these concepts to the presentation topic.
- Formulate Null and Alternate Hypothesis (Use only 1- sample test)
- Test procedures, conditions and assumptions
- Apply the right formula for test statistic
- Interpret results using P-value
- Summarize the conclusion
- State the hypothesis that you are investigating in the form of a question
- Identify the null and alternate hypothesis using symbols and words.
- Explain why you chose this hypothesis
- Provide Data information relevant to the project that includes description of your data, data sources, sampling methods, descriptive statistics, Statistical graphs, confidence intervals etc.
- Details and steps involved in Hypothesis testing
- Explain the reasoning as to why you choose z-test or t-test for your project
- Analyze the test results using P-value
- Summarize the conclusion clearly in simple English
- Explain why you fail to reject or reject null hypothesis.
- Write about the things you learned, complexity of the project, time management, curiosity factors, things that surprised you etc.
Presentation: The complete report will be done either through Power Point/ Google slides or online poster and must be uploaded in canvas by the due date. Presentations do not have to involve complex issues, data collection or analytic tools. The project will be done individually and must include the description of the project along with introduction and conclusion.
Grading: You will be graded by your instructor. Please, read these rubrics carefully before you start working on your project. In all cases, the instructor reserves the right to make the final grading decision.