I don’t understand this English question and need help to study.
The purpose of this forum is to discuss examples of creativity by contemporary individuals in a variety of fields and share information that will enhance the learning experience of fellow students. This forum is our virtual classroom discussion.
Instructions: Visit the website: Ted: Ideas Worth Spreading. https://www.ted.com/talks/tim_harford_how_frustration_can_make_us_more_creative
- Watch the talk. Put the title of the talk and speakers name at the top of your post.
- Paragraph one: (10-15 sentences) Summarize the talk. What are the main points. Give examples. What conclusions did the speaker make? Use your own words. No quotes, lists or bullet points.
- Paragraph two: (10-15 sentences) Critique the ideas presented in the summary. Give your evaluation of the speaker’s ideas. What do you think were the best ideas or weak points? Explain your reasoning. Are there any relevant points that the speaker neglected to raise? What is creative or innovative about their thinking? Why did you select this talk? Discuss how the ideas relate to you and your experiences. Make sure you include first person statements such as: “I selected this talk because… I think the speaker’s best idea is..because..I think this speaker’s ideas are creative because….” “I think the speaker’s weakest point was…” ” I think the speaker neglected to point out that….I can relate to these ideas because….We want to hear your opinion of the talk, the pros and cons.
- SE THE TWO PARAGRAPH FORMAT: APPROXIMATELY 10-15 SENTENCES EACH PARAGRAPH (No lists, quotes or bullet points.)
- Put the title of the talk and speaker’s name at the top of your post.
- TOTAL WORD COUNT OF ENTIRE POST : 350-450
- After submitting your post, review and comment on TWO other student’s posts. Each reply should be a paragraph with about 100-125 words. Include thoughtful comments that specifically relate to the post. DO NOT simply summarize or quote the post. Give your opinion of the topic or add some additional information. Do you agree or disagree? Explain your reasoning. Or, offer an alternative perspective on the topic. In your opinion, what was the best point made in the post? Explain why. We want to know your perspective on the topic based on your knowledge and experiences. Generic comments like: Wow, that’s interesting or Thanks for sharing do not count towards the minimum requirement.