I need help with a Algebra question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Week 4 Discussion: Graphs
No unread replies.11 reply.
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- OpenStax Textbook Readings
- Lesson in Canvas
- Assignments in Knewton
- Graphing Linear Equations
- Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Graphing
- Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Substitution
- Solving Systems of Linear Equations by Elimination
Initial Post Instructions
Before we begin graphing systems of equations, a good starting point is to review our knowledge of 2-D graphs. These graphs are known as 2-D because they have two axes. Find an online image of a graph to use as the foundation of your discussion. (This is easily accomplished by searching within Google Images.)
Using your graph as the example:
- Select any two points on the graph and apply the slope formula, interpreting the result as a rate of change (units of measurement required); and
- Use rate of change (slope) to explain why your graph is linear (constant slope) or not linear (changing slopes).
Embed the graph into the post by copying and pasting into the discussion. You must cite the source of the image. Also be sure to show the computations used to determine slope.
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers in a substantive, content-specific way. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Minimum of 3 posts (1 initial & 2 follow-up) with first post by Wednesday
- APA format for in-text citations and list of references
This activity will be graded using the Discussion Grading Rubric. Please review the following link:
- Link (webpage): Discussion Guidelines
Course Outcomes (CO): 1, 2
Due Date for Initial Post: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Wednesday
Due Date for Follow-Up Posts: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday