I’m trying to learn for my English class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
For your final paper you will be required to write an essay at least 4 pages long using the fiction novel you’vecompletedto craft a persuasive argument.You will analyze the Stephen Kingand Peter Straub text, Black House, and argue what you believe the book’s central theme is.What lesson or message does the book teach readers? How do the elements of plot, character, setting, dialogue, point of view help support the theme?
Your essay needs to be clear and unified under your thesis. Make sure to include specific evidence from the book, to show how and why your evidence supports your thesis.Since this is a shorter paper, focus on the most convincing evidence. Your essay should demonstrate your understanding of the text, and your ability to identify the theme using support chosen from either characterization, setting, dialogue, or plot.
Use your own original ideas about the book in conjunction with evidence from the text to support your thesis. Make sure to follow proper MLA citation rules for all quotes and paraphrases you use.
Successful papers will have:
1. A developed introductory paragraph, with a clear thesis.Explain what your topic is, and what you will try and prove about your topic. Why is it important to accept your argument?What elements of fiction will you use for support? (10points)
2. Well-supported, unified body paragraphs with specific examples that reinforce your thesis.(125points)
3. Your essay includes at least 3 quotes or paraphrases. Demonstrates an understanding of key evidence you’ve selected. Use proper MLA citation.(5points)
4. A conclusion that summarizes your main point, and offers a final thought about the value of your argument.(5 points)
5. Your paper will also be thoroughly edited for sentence-level errors. (5 points)
Total points: 150