Case Study for (Clarion School) Development of future state architecture And Migration Planning. Case Study for (Clarion School) Development of future state architecture And Migration Planning. Please READ the instructions in "Assignment3_FutureStateArchitecture.docx" File. Please look at all the files.
You HAVE TO READ these files and LOOK AT them.
1- Chapters 8, 9, 10 and 11 Bernard, Scott A. (2012). An Introduction to Enterprise Architecture (3rd edition). Published by AuthorHouse. This is the only book you need to buy for this course. This book is available in hardback or paperback or e-book (Kindle, iBooks, etc.). Make sure you buy the 3rd edition.
2- How to Build a Roadmap: https://pragmaticarchitect.wordpress.com/2013/05/14/how-to-build-a-roadmap-define-end-state/
3- TOGAF – gap Analysis: http://pubs.opengroup.org/architecture/togaf9-doc/arch/chap27.html
4- TOGAF – migration planning: http://pubs.opengroup.org/architecture/togaf9-doc/arch/chap28.html
5- Uploaded file: Governance and Change Management
6- Uploaded file: Brooks 2009 – EA Governance – A Framework Approach
7- Uploaded file: The Essential EA Toolkit Part 3 – An Architecture Governance Process
8- Uploaded file: Oracle – Leveraging Governance to Sustain EA Efforts
9- Uploaded file: Hazra 2010 – EA Governance – Leveraging Metrics
Step 1: Refer to the same case study materials provided by your facilitator (along with any supplemental readings) and that you used for assignments #1 and #2. Refer to the work you submitted in assignments #1 and #2, as well as any comments or changes provided by your facilitator.
Step 2: Create a future state architecture for the case study company using the desired future state description provided in the case study together with your knowledge, experiences, and creativity.
1. Describe the future state architecture using appropriate modeling techniques (similar to those used in previous assignments).
a. Create a future state Data Architecture using the artifacts from the previous assignment – this means provide an update to the DD/ERD/CRUD diagrams you did in assignment #2 but now to provide a description of the future-state data architecture. .
b. Create a future state Application Architecture using the technique and appropriate artifacts from Spewak chapter 8.
c. Create a future state Technology Architecture using the technique and appropriate artifacts from Spewak chapter 9.
2. Describe the future state architecture in words. That is, describe the changes you are making, why you are making them, what benefit the changes have to supporting the company or organization’s strategic business objectives.
3. Describe how your Enterprise Architecture principles identified in Assignment 1 were used to derive the future state architecture.
Step 3: Describe the following: In consideration of the current and future state diagrams developed over the Case Study assignments, describe the gaps and opportunities that exist between the current and future states, and propose a possible transition strategy.
Some suggestions on how to do this assignment:
• Do not use APA format for this assignment. This is a case study assignment. It is not a research paper. You don’t need to provide an abstract, citations, etc.
• You will build upon the work done in assignments #1 and #2 but you don’t have to resubmit that work. Just submit the additional work that addresses this assignment.
• To facilitate the evolution from a as-is to to-be data architecture, your facilitator may give you changes to your work in assignment #1 to give you a better starting point. In order to convey a better “as-is” to “to-be” migration, you may elect to change your as-is baseline (the work you did for assignment #1). If you do, you need to check with your facilitator first and (if approved) you will need to submit that new as-is baseline as part of this assignment.
• The “migration plan” of this is not to do a Microsoft Project© style GANTT chart or anything like that. The “as-is” DD/ERD/CRUD diagrams of the previous assignment, the updated “to-be” DD/ERD/CRUD diagrams of this assignment and the additional materials in this assignment (e.g., future state technical architecture) describe the “migration plan”.
• “Comprehensive” in the grading rubric is not meant to require scores of pages of work. It does not mean you have to present a to-be data architecture for every data element that would be need. It means does the work submitted apply the techniques required and does the work reflect thorough analysis for the elements in the data architecture presented.
Please Look at end of the file of " Assignment3_FutureStateArchitecture.docx" there is a rubric grading.
- Among other benefits, we guarantee:
Essays written from scratch – 100% original,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on customer’s privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work.