I’m studying for my Business class and need an explanation.
Read the Case â€œPolitical Action by the U.S. Steel Industry, 2015-2018â€ at the end of CHAPTER 8 and response to the following:
- Did the steel industry act appropriately as a participant in the political environment when it sought economic protection from foreign steel imports?
- What political strategies, as shown in Figure 8.2, did the steel industry use to gain tariff protections?
- What other political strategies could the steel industry have used to promote their interests and how?
- What levels of corporate political involvement, as shown in Figure 8.5, are evident in the case?
- Should Chinese and other country’s steel producers be permitted to engage as a political participant in the U.S. political environment to protect their economic interests?